29 August 2015, stretched our team out with RDC having another #achievementunlocked milestone; we did 4 weddings in a day!
We had 2 couples, Raymond & Abigail (Morning ceremony at Chijmes, lunch at Swissotel, Dinner with a turnover of Chijmes) , Giles & Joyce (Ceremony at Foo Chow Methodist Church and dinner at Nosh). We did it! It is all possible with the Rosette team, Hellen (Creative Director), Winston (Main Coordinator),and Eunice (Wedding Planner). Of course all the trust we have from the couples!
We had a really busy August and is gearing up for the wedding season, we’ll do our best to post these past weddings and our thoughts!
Raymond & Abigail engaged us for Rosette Two, Design & Coordination. Most of the time they were missing in action as they were based overseas. Abigail is Malaysian and Raymond is Indonesian, for meetings inclusive of our initial introductory meeting, we only met 5 times! Later, nearer to the wedding, Raymond asked Hellen if she knew Kimberley, such a small world, she is Raymond’s sister and Hellen’s junior. It is a great feeling to know that we are working together to make their wedding how they envisioned it to be.
We asked the couple and they graciously shared their story with us:
1. How did the both of you meet?
Abigail: In a Christian fellowship at university in Brisbane. His big broad shoulders caught my eye. (My everything caught his eye hahahaha)
2. How was the proposal like?
Abigail: Ray threw a “graduation/farewell dinner” for himself, as the date 11/12/13 was also his graduation day, and he wanted to coordinate it with our anniversary date 8/9/10. Many of our close friends were there.
Ray and some guys went to the front started singing and dancing in unison (all choreographed) to One Direction’s “One Thing”. I was carried to the front and centre while they were dancing. Then a video+slideshow came on, which included Ray talking about why he wants to spend the rest of our lives together, and an email from my parents giving blessing to this proposal.
3. Why you chose the theme/style/color?
Abigail: We were going for an elegant, classy feel. Rosette & Co did a wonderful job in translating that idea into reality!
Raymond: We wanted something dreamy, elegant and classy that is fitting to the venue. While in Indonesia we are used to grand ‘wow’ weddings, we wanted a cozy yet classy boutique feeling to it that is unique.
4. Which was the best part of your:
a. wedding day
Abigail: The crunchy leaves on the aisle – my dad’s idea to remind me of the walks we used to take together when I was little, and we’d stomp on crunchy dried leaves.
Raymond: The fact that everything is taken care of so that as a couple we could absorb the atmosphere and be in that ‘zone’ to absorb everything around us.
Abigail: Where do I start….. everything was so well thought through. I’m not very artsy; but I could feel the heart and soul put into every detail.
Raymond: The thing about decor is we decide and think people won’t notice the minor details, but when people post pictures, you realize they know the little things that you put attention and focus on.
5. Any wedding planning tips or wedding advice?
- I found it very hard to sleep for many nights before the wedding. I should have followed suggestions to take melatonin to aid sleep, but if you do it, try small doses way before the event. Wouldn’t want to feel sleepy or wake up late on the wedding day!
- Hire an event coordinator. Everything goes extremely quickly. I appreciated being able to enjoy everything and reflect on the things that happened throughout the day… without worrying about what’s next, who needs to do what, keeping time, running here and there, etc.
- Winston and team even made sure I was hydrated and ate something. And they’d help solve wardrobe malfunctions and changes to the event schedule.
- Planning is everything. Deciding who you engage, who is in charge etc, especially if you are planning while abroad.
6. Why did you chose Rosette Designs & Co?
Abigail: They are familiar with CHIJMES and have decorated the place wonderfully before. Hellen can speak Indonesian, and is familiar with Indonesian culture. This was very important to my mother in law.
Raymond: We chose Rosette simply because we liked what they did and what they can offer. In fact, we did not even look at other decor companies. It was only much later that we learn Rosette’s founder knew our sister.
“We want to thank the decor and coordination team for all their hard work and making our dream wedding a reality. We cannot even compile the compliments showered upon us by our guests that night and more than providing your services, thank you for making yourselves our friends.”
We did a turnover and transformed the pure and simple morning church ceremony into a glam and elegant party!
We also had Benjamin from The Visual Practice practising his visual skills on the day. The wedding planner community is a great big hearted one! Thank you for helping us capture important pictures of the decor on the day!